SCCi preserves are open with a permit. We have reduced the permitted maximum group size to 10. If you visit a preserve, ensure that you follow CDC and state and local guidelines to prevent the spread of infectious diseases and practice Leave No Trace principles. As this situation is ever changing, SCCi may open and close preserves as required.
IF you choose to visit an SCCi preserve, keep in the mind the following:
- Be vigilant and careful. In the event of an accident, response times and personnel may be very limited. A trip to the emergency room adds stress to an already overtaxed health care system.
- Maintain social distancing.You should drive to the preserve in separate cars if the other people aren’t in your household.
- Avoid public facilities. That bench along the trail may not be safe since you don't know who else has been there recently.
- Wash and sanitize your hands frequently.
- Maintain six feet of distance between you and others on the trail and inside of caves.
- If you are sick, stay home.